Conditions of let
Bookings & Payments
Reservations can be made by telephone (the easiest method as you can check full range of dates for availability of cottages plus fishing availability if relevant), email, online or by post (please ring to reserve dates first).
Confirmation of the booking is required within 7 days of the reservation if not done at the time of reservation. To confirm a booking guests can fill out a booking form or send the information required on it by email. Forms can be sent by post or email along with a non-refundable deposit of £100. Please note that Covid 19 related cancellations will be refunded in full including the deposit.
The balance payment should be paid a minimum of two calendar months prior to date of arrival. You can also pay the full amount at the time of booking: £100 of which would be the non-refundable deposit. If the booking is made within two months of the date of arrival then the full amount payable is required at the time of booking. The payments for any fishing done can be settled at the end of your stay.
Payments can be made by bank transfer (details below), or by post (cheque to be made payable to Coldingham Loch Fly Fishery) or if the booking is made online, the deposit is paid via PayPal.
Bank Account name: Coldingham Loch Fly Fishery with Lloyds bank
Sort Code: 30-90-13
A/c Number: 16312660
Online bookings system payments: if using the online booking system, we ask that you only pay the deposit via PayPal. Once booked online we contact you with your booking confirmation and balance due date etc
More than 2 months notice: In the event of a cancellation by the tenant the deposit will be forfeit and the proprietors need to be notified immediately.
Less than 2 months notice: If the cancellation is made less than 2 calendar months before the commencement of the let, the total rent will be forfeit. It is therefore advisable that guests take out holiday insurance to cover themselves against any such circumstance.
Covid 19 cancellations: if we have to cancel you due to us being closed/locked down for any reason including Covid 19 then we will fully refund your monies including the deposit.
Terms of Let:
- Additional persons: no additional persons shall be permitted to reside at the property, over and above that specified as the maximum number the property can sleep. Guests can add more people than originally booked for as long as this is within the maximum the property can sleep, but please contact us if any changes are needed so that we can ensure the correct bedding is allocated.
- Arrival & Departure times: Lettings are from 4.30pm on the day of arrival to 9.30 a.m. on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed. For 3 night stays, guests may be able to arrive earlier but since the pandemic we have to leave the property ventilated for longer so this may not always be possible.
- The property including furniture and fittings should be left in the same condition as guests find it on arrival. Any accidental damage or breakages need to be paid for and any excessive cleaning or damage will incur a surcharge. Bed linen, towels and tea towels are provided unless guests wish to bring their own.
- Non smoking: For the comfort of all guests please note that all properties are strictly non smoking. Any guests that smoke are asked to do so outside and well away from any open doors or windows to prevent smoke going into the property. Please ensure any cigarette stubs are fully dead before putting in the outside bin.
- Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement in all of the cottages except Lochside Cottage– please advise us if you are bringing a dog. Dogs are not to be left unattended in the property at any time. We also ask that owners bring their own dog beds and that dogs are not allowed on any furniture or into the bedrooms at any time. As Coldingham Loch is a working Fly Fishery surrounded by farm land we ask that dogs are kept under strict control at all times and do not enter the water of the loch at any time.
- Public Liability: The tenants agree that neither the owners nor any person in their employ will be liable for any loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused, which may be sustained by the tenants or any member of their party, or any person whom the tenants may have invited into the accommodation and grounds of the property during the holiday let period. No responsibility is accepted for any accident or injury to persons visiting Coldingham Loch Fly Fishery & Holiday Cottages or for loss or damage to their property.
- Fishing on Coldingham Loch is strictly fly fishing only, 8.30am to 10pm or dusk (holiday guests can use the loch from dawn but please let us know at the time of your stay if you are going out early) There are boats available and over 1 mile of good bank fishing (waders recommended). Further information for booking your fishing and session prices can be found on the website coldinghamloch.co.uk/fishing .
- The loch must not be used for pleasure rowing, engines, sailing boats, paddle boards etc
- Swimming in the loch is strictly prohibited
- BBQs and fires – the making and lighting of an open fire outside the cottages or anywhere on site is strictly forbidden. Guests are welcome to have BBQ’s outside their cottages using proper BBQ containers/equipment and placed away from anything flammable
- Firearms: no guns, crossbows, bows and arrows or any offensive weapon will be allowed on the site or in any of the properties at Coldingham Loch. No shooting of any sort, trapping or illegal fishing will be tolerated under any circumstances